At Salfords Primary School we aim to ensure equality of access for all in the provision of our facilities. We recognise that all people have an equal right of access to our school. In accordance with the Single Equality Act (2010), Salfords Primary School aims to ensure that staff, pupils, volunteers and the public have access and are not discriminated against directly or indirectly due to any disability they have or may have had.
The health and safety of all children is of paramount importance. Parents send their children to school each day with the expectation that school provides a secure environment in which their children can flourish. In order to do this, a wide range of measures and policies are put in place. These are reviewed every year and are available:
|The Designated Safeguarding Leader (DSL) is Jessica Balls - Assistant Headteacher|
|The Deputy Designated Safeguarding Leads are Carrie Christer and Claire Regnard - Co Headteachers|
|Key Safeguarding Personnel|
|Designated Safeguarding Lead||Jessica Balls|
|Deputy DSL's||Carrie Christer|
|Responsible for Children Looked After (CLA)||Zoe Withers|
|Nominated Child Protection School Strategic Board (SSB)||Simon Pinto|
|Chair of the School Strategic Board||Laura Durrant|
Child Protection and Safeguarding
The GLF Schools safeguarding policy has been updated and verified by the GLF Board. The updates reflect the recent changes to the Surrey safeguarding template policy that was updated in January 2021.
- The lettings policy will seek to ensure the suitability of adults working with children on school sites at any time.
- The name of the designated members of staff for Child Protection, the Designated Safeguarding Lead and a governor responsible for safeguarding will be clearly advertised in the school and on the school website.
- All new members of staff will be given a copy of the GLF Schools Child protection policy and informed of the DSL names and their details on the school website as part of their induction.
- Further detail has been added to the Radicalisation and FGM sections
- A section on domestic abuse has been added.
- Additional contact details have been added to appendix 5